Monday, March 12, 2012

From 6.5 databases to 7.0

Hello,

Is it possible to restore a 6.5 database to a 7.0? I backup the entire 6.5 database to a BAK file then tried to restore it to SQL 7.0 but it didn't work. SQL 7.0 states that the disk device is not a valid Microsoft Tape Format backup set.

We have an application that was developped long long time ago by a old team and I don't want to upgrade the server. I tried to build a second 6.5 server (new hardware) but I couldn't restore the database as SQL 6.5 states that the server is in single user mode. I don't know how to switch to multi users mode. The database I want to restore is not in DBO or single user mode.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Toan.You will have to restore the database to 6.5 and then run the upgrade wizard to move the database to 7.0.

I found that the user logins, and roles didn't transfer. I did this a while back so I'm a little fuzzy on the particulars.

No comments:

Post a Comment