Thursday, March 29, 2012

FTP Task - File represented by _does not exist.

I've done some searcing on this forum and online. I found one thread that talked about this problem, but it didn't seem to help me at all.

I have a package that downloads an xml file from a ftp server for processing. The file is named after the day that it was put on the ftp server. So, to help the situation I created a variable that gets set to the proper name before the FTP Task fires.

Now, I've been working with this SSIS task for just over 2 months and haven't seen this issue ONCE until I deployed it on the production helper server. All of my other SSIS tasks are working fine in my other Tasks.

I have set DelayValidation to true for the FTP Task, I have moved around the time the task gets run. This is what is really tricky. If I fire off the task manually (by running the batch file that runs all my tasks on the console) it works fine! I've ran it 3-4 times throughout the day manually and it works perfectly! However, whenever it is scheduled to be run in the middle of the night, it fails!

This problem has stumped me good. I can run the task manually, but when I run it scheduled, I get : File represented by "User::ftpXmlPath" does not exist.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!If you start the Job (not run the batch file) manually at about the same time when the manual batch file execution works, what happens - does the Job succeeds or fails? (Just to figure out the time dependency).
Does the FTP connection require authentication? One possible explanation of this problem - if the FTP requires authentication, and the authentication fails when running under Agent, the anonymous user can't see that file. Please see this KB which explains possible issues with authentication when running under Agent, and how to troubleshoot and fix them.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918760|||I've thought of the time difference. I think that's what's to blame. Although all my technical documents for the feed suggest that the file is posted by 1 AM. I have the process running at 4 AM.

The permissions aren't the issue. I am running all of the packages with a scheduled task batch file against the console. The sched task user is in the administrator group. I am stumped.

Thanks for the reply!

No comments:

Post a Comment