Thursday, March 29, 2012

FTP Task Send error

I cannot seem to get the FTP task to send files. I tested the process manually (not using ssis) and it works fine. I have tried many ways to transfer the files, using variables, including full paths, partial paths, etc. but I keep getting a "550 permission denied" error. I have rechecked all variables. Has anybody else had trouble sending files with the FTP task?

Do you have access (or can someone GET access) to the FTP logs on the server to see who it thinks you are connecting as?|||

I am checking with them but it seems strange. I have set the user and password using a configuration file and I am getting the following error:

[Connection manager "MyFTPConnection"] Error: An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: 200 Type set to IMAGE. 227 Entering Passive Mode (xx,xx,xxx,xxx,xx,xx). 550 permission denied .

I have tested the configuration file to make sure the server name was being set correctly from the file and it was. I am assuming the password would be also. I can connect manually.

This really should not be such a struggle. I remember DTS did not have an upload FTP component. Maybe I need a 3rd party component. Does anybody know of one?

|||

Looks like I'm connecting but the required slash is causing a permissions problem on the server. Anybody know how to solve this? The task won't let me send a file without a slash.

[FTP Task] Error: Variable "RemoteFile" doesn't start with "/".

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment