Thursday, March 29, 2012

FTP Task Connection Problem

Problem: my FTP Connection Manager cannot connect to the FTP service specified in its configuration parameters. When I execute the FTP Task hooked to that connection manager I get the following error:

[FTP Task] Error: Unable to connect to FTP server using "FTP Connection Manager".

When I test the FTP service using FTP from a command prompt on the same workstation using the same parameters it connects just fine.

When I attempt to edit the settings in the FTP Connection Manager, the editor window pops up and then immediately disappears which is another problem. As I watch closely I can see that the username property is set to my domain login, not the value I typed in when I created it.

So I used the property sheet for the manager to set all the parameters correctly. However it still will not connect. Am I missing something? I've seen posts concerning issues connecting to UNIX/LINUX based FTP services. This particular service is hosted on a LINUX box. TIA.

I am not sure if this gona work for you or not but no harm trying it out, because this worked out for me. For example:

ftp://myservername/

if you type this in windows explorer then it prompts you for username and password.

Fillout the property page as follows:

Server Name: myservername (Do not use ftp:// prefix or the / suffix)

Port No.: 21 (in not changed)

Verify this with 'Test Connection' button.

No comments:

Post a Comment