Tuesday, March 27, 2012

FTP Connection problem with "The Password was not allowed" error message

Hi

I have a simple FTP task that I am trying to connect to an FTP server. I can test the connection fine, however, when I try and execute the package from Visual Studio 2005 I get the "The Password was not allowed" message. I have found some threads that mention setting the protection level on the package to EncryptSensitiveWithPassword, however, I still get the same message appearing.

Has anyone any idea as to what is causing this and how I can get around it

Thanks

Darrell

The error comes from the FTP server due to a invalid password. Can you tell me what is the value ProtectionLevel property in the Package?


Thanks,

Ovidiu Burlacu

|||EncryptSensitiveWithPassword means you have to enter a password in the package properties. You have specified the wrong password there, most likely.

For running in BIDS, EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey is just fine.|||

I had set the PackageProtection to EncryptSensitiveWithPassword, but that didn't work either.

As for an incorrect password, this can't be correct, because when I test the FTP connection it works fine

Any other thoughts ?

Thanks

D

No comments:

Post a Comment