Tuesday, March 27, 2012

FTP from AS400

I have been handed the directive that I am to ftp flat files from our AS400 to the SQL server where the web interfaces will read the data.

I need to know if anyone out here knows how to automate the FTP download from the AS400 system.

I don't know any UNIX and even if I did the SQL box is also running a 3rd party shipping label system that disallows the use/installation of MSK Toolkit.

I thought I could use the FTP Task in the DTS package but I don't know what to put for the internet location and this is certainly not a Mapped path.

Please Help!

There is a built-in ftp command-line utility in Windows Server 2003 that you can use to automate the ftp download. The FTP task in DTS should take a url like ftp://some_server.com/files/d1.dat. If you need more details on the DTS/SSIS task then please post this question in the SQL Server Integration Services forum here.

No comments:

Post a Comment