Monday, March 26, 2012

FT Catalog can not finish populating, help

I build FT catalog for my database which has 10GB size. Catalog was
built and populated ok.
But our customer has the same database (120 GB) and I run population
and two weeks I see 'Paused', 'Recovering' and so on. FT Catalog
does not finish populating.
Server machine has 2 CPU 3000 GHz, 6G RAM, Win2000 Advanced server
What can I do?
The most common reasons for a catalog entering the paused state due to space
or memory issues. It will also go in the paused state if you are running it
on a laptop and go to battery power.
Check the gatherer logs to try to find out why.
Recovery normally happens when you reboot or restart MSSearch and MSSearch
mounts the catalogs. There is some restoration here as MSSearch figures out
where it is or was in the indexing process. Normally recovery happens very
quickly. The most common reason I have seen for catalogs remaining in the
recovery state is MSSearch running under a different account than the local
system account.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Win32nipuh" <oleg@.opel.com-dot-ua.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:94Odnd2jeuHx4BDfRVn_vg@.giganews.com...
> I build FT catalog for my database which has 10GB size. Catalog was
> built and populated ok.
> But our customer has the same database (120 GB) and I run population
> and two weeks I see 'Paused', 'Recovering' and so on. FT Catalog
> does not finish populating.
> Server machine has 2 CPU 3000 GHz, 6G RAM, Win2000 Advanced server
> What can I do?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment