Tuesday, March 27, 2012

FTP Problem

Afternoon...

I am trying to create an SSIS ftp task and can't even get a test connection to succeed.

I am behind a firewall and using a proxy...is it possible that is my problem? If so, is there a work-around?

TIA

Tena

The firewall and/or proxy are quite probably the issue. Talk to you IT/network support in the first instance and see what the options are for you getting access to FTP outside the LAN. This will determine how you configure the task.|||Probably too obvious to be the problem but I found that unless I prefix the user name with the domain (as in DDDDDD\UUUUUUU where d indicates the domain and U indicates the user name) then I couldn't get a test connection to succeed either. But, if you are an AD user in a domain trying to get to a ftp server that is not open to anonymous access, etc. in the domain, it might be worth checkiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment