Monday, March 26, 2012

FTP bad password

I'm trying to make an ftp task.

I am able to make the connection manager. When I test the connection it works fine. When I set up the ftp task I am able to browse to the ftp site and select the file I want to download.

However, when I run the task I get the following error:

An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: The password was not allowed

I have no idea why the password wouldn't be allowed when it let me browse the ftp previously.

ThanksThat's an excellent question. I haven't seen that one before. I have had multiple issues with the FTP task. If you can't get this to work, use the FTP.exe in windows and create a batch file and run that.|||I have no idea how this started working. I played around with hard coded ftp tasks checked their functionality, then did progressed into dynamic source files. Like most things in SSIS, I still need to start from the smallest functioning denominator, then build my way up. :(

Sorry I don't have a better answer.|||

i was having the same problem. Actually I changed the Security->ProtectionLevel to DontSaveSensitive, and then this problem started happening ""the password was not allowed". I reverted the change to "EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey" and things were back to normal.

hope it helps

Ali

|||

i was having the same problem. Actually I changed the Security->ProtectionLevel for the package to DontSaveSensitive, and then this problem started happening ""the password was not allowed". I reverted the change to "EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey" and things were back to normal.

hope it helps

Ali

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment