Thursday, March 29, 2012

FTP Task failure in SQL Job

I have a SQL IS package, with FTP task. It runs fine when I am running from the client. When deployed it on the server as a SQL Job, it failes with error message

"Unable to connect to FTP server using 'FTP Connection Manager' (Name I used for the FTP connection in IS package)".

I tried to run the .dtsx on the server connecting to Intergration services. And I get same error message with little more details, "Password was not allowed".

With same USER_ID and Password and default port number I am able to connect to the FTP site with no problems.

Do I need to do it differntly making the FTP connection inside the IS package? What's the correct way of doing it ?

satya

When you deploy your package to SQL Server make sure you use Protection Level: "Rely on server storage and roles for access control"

|||Thanks for responding to my questions. I did what you suggessted and am still having the same issue.

Steps I followed:

1. Copy the .dtsx to server location from my local.
2. Imported the package to SQL server location with the suggested options.

Do you think, I am missing any thing still ?|||

Yes.
It gets corrupted when you copy.

You can either:
1. Deploy without copy

or

1. Set protection level to EncryptSensitiveWithPassword
2. Copy
3. Imported the package to SQL server location with options I suggested before.

No comments:

Post a Comment