Thursday, March 29, 2012

FTP Task fails to execute

Hi everyone:

I have a very simple FTP Task that is supposed to grab two files from an ftp server and save them locally on my machine. The problem is that when I test the connection everything works okay (I know that this connection "hides" the password when seen on the Connection Manager Editor, so I re-enter it everytime I want to test the connection). I can see in the Task property that the username and passwords are set, but regardless I always get this error message:

Error: 0xC002918F at Cost Files Transfer, FTP Task: Unable to connect to FTP server using "FTP Bread".

Any idea what could be worng?

Thanks

Idelso

for those of you who have the same issue. apparently is a bug in the Task. Simply put the password in a variable and reference it and it will work okay. The UI deletes the password and as such it can not make the connection.

|||

After you have set the password on the FTP Connection Manager Editor and click OK to commit the settings, did you re-open the FTP Connection Manager Editor and click OK again? This is the only way I can reproduce your problem.

Everytime you re-open the FTP Connection Manager Editor, we explcitly empyt out the password information. If you click OK without specifying tyhe password again, the empty password will be use.

So avoid the problem, either don't re-open it or click the "Cancel" button to avoid committing the empty password.

No comments:

Post a Comment