Tuesday, March 27, 2012

ftp Failure

I have designed an SSIS that needs to download a set of files via ftp. The ftp is working fine under Business Studio. When I move it to The server and try runing the package I'm getting the following errors:

Error: Unable to connect to FTP server using "FTP Server"

Error: An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: The password was not allowed.

This is not my first FTP in SSIS, so I also have the following item set:

Protectionlevel = EncryptProtectedWithPassword

I have several other FTP packages that go to the exact same server, with the exact same user ID and password that are working.

What am I missing?

Since noone is responding...

I also tried changing the protection level to "DontSaveEncrypted" and set up a package configuration with the password in it. I thought this would work, but I'm still getting the same messages.

|||This is an FTP server error, not an SSIS related error.

Search the Internet for "The password was not allowed." for discussions on this message.|||

Thanks for replying Phil.

If this is an FTP server error, why does it work in one package, but not in another that's using the exact same connection?

And why does it work in SSIS designer?

No comments:

Post a Comment