Thursday, March 29, 2012

FTP Task Problem

I am new to this task...In order to set up this task do i need to set any basic thing on my local machine.

If so Please let me know

Sureshv,
Please read the Books On-Line page on this task and then come back here with any further questions you might have.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137656.aspx|||

I have few question

server name= ?

Server por =?

username=?

password=?

if i am trying to connect to remote

|||

sureshv wrote:

I have few question

server name= ?

Server por =?

username=?

password=?

if i am trying to connect to remote

If you know how to use FTP, you know the answer to those questions otherwise you won't be able to use FTP at all and you should probably talk to whomever supports the FTP site you want to connect to.|||

What i meant is

IS server name=Name of remote server or machine(is it ip address)

server port =server port which remote uses

username=is it valid username with all the permission to access

Password= valid password

|||

sureshv wrote:

What i meant is

IS server name=Name of remote server or machine(is it ip address)

server port =server port which remote uses

username=is it valid username with all the permission to access

Password= valid password

Yes.|||

I am trying to use FTP task to a remote machine.I am trying to take a local file from my machine and place it over there using FTP.

I place the ip address in the server name and i tried server name too..

port 21

i have a remote account(with full control set up) too by which i login using remote desk top

But my connection fails

Please help..

|||Can you ftp to this site and upload a file using one of approximately 10,000 (I'm being a little facetious but its close) non SSIS ftp clients?
|||I have no idea of what u are talking.what do i need to do now..I am not an expert in the area...would u please help|||I'm trying to help, believe it or not. The question was, can you upload to the site with a non-SSIS ftp client first off, so at least we know the issue is specific to SSIS?
|||

so do u mean that my system via command promt has an ability to reach the remote by sending files.

If u are talking about this.I say system gets connected but what do we need to do to send a file.

Please let me know.

|||Please stop starting new threads for an issue you've already opened here.

I've merged this thread.|||Should FTP from command prompt work first in order to set up ftp task
|||

sureshv wrote:

Should FTP from command prompt work first in order to set up ftp task

YES!

How do you know everything is setup correctly if you don't know how to FTP?

That is, how have you verified that it is setup correctly and that you have full permissions?

No comments:

Post a Comment