Tuesday, March 27, 2012

FTP job in I64 machine running Windows2003 and SQL2000(64bits)

I am in the process of moving our old SQLServer to a new I64 server.
Everything has been tested and working fine except there is a scheduled FTP
job task that didn't go through. I am hoping if I need to make changes to
accomodate the new I64 platform.
In the new SQL Server, the job task is the following:
ftp -s:"\\fileserverA\data\FTPScript.txt" 10.10.1.99
The content FTPScript.txt is as follows:
userid
userpassword
cd unixdatafolder
lcd D:\Data
put FileTransfer.txt
bye
After the job is run, the status shows successful but when I telnet to the
unix server, the file is not there. When I do ftp manually and locally in
the I64 server, it has no problem.
Thank you for your asssistance.
MartinHi Martin
If you change the FTP command for (say) an echo statement do you get output?
If so you may want to add the -d parameter to show the commands and capture
the output into a file to see what has happened. Also agent service account
has access to the source file, you may want to try using a cd command before
starting ftp to remove the need for the lcd subcommand.
John
"Martin" wrote:
> I am in the process of moving our old SQLServer to a new I64 server.
> Everything has been tested and working fine except there is a scheduled FTP
> job task that didn't go through. I am hoping if I need to make changes to
> accomodate the new I64 platform.
> In the new SQL Server, the job task is the following:
> ftp -s:"\\fileserverA\data\FTPScript.txt" 10.10.1.99
> The content FTPScript.txt is as follows:
> userid
> userpassword
> cd unixdatafolder
> lcd D:\Data
> put FileTransfer.txt
> bye
> After the job is run, the status shows successful but when I telnet to the
> unix server, the file is not there. When I do ftp manually and locally in
> the I64 server, it has no problem.
> Thank you for your asssistance.
> Martin|||John,
Thank you. The new 64bits machine did have some 'strange behavior'. I will
try using the echo as recommended and see if it makes the difference. I've
spent last two days trying to resolve this issue and after I sent the
question out, just by a random chance, I've found out that the 64bits Job
schedule won't take the url or mapped network drive. After I moved the file
to the local drive on the 64bits machine instead of using network drive other
than the local in the ftp scheduled job task statement, I got the file in
unix box after running the job.
Hope this information could save others time.
Sincerely,
Martin
"John Bell" wrote:
> Hi Martin
> If you change the FTP command for (say) an echo statement do you get output?
> If so you may want to add the -d parameter to show the commands and capture
> the output into a file to see what has happened. Also agent service account
> has access to the source file, you may want to try using a cd command before
> starting ftp to remove the need for the lcd subcommand.
> John
> "Martin" wrote:
> > I am in the process of moving our old SQLServer to a new I64 server.
> > Everything has been tested and working fine except there is a scheduled FTP
> > job task that didn't go through. I am hoping if I need to make changes to
> > accomodate the new I64 platform.
> >
> > In the new SQL Server, the job task is the following:
> >
> > ftp -s:"\\fileserverA\data\FTPScript.txt" 10.10.1.99
> >
> > The content FTPScript.txt is as follows:
> > userid
> > userpassword
> > cd unixdatafolder
> > lcd D:\Data
> > put FileTransfer.txt
> > bye
> >
> > After the job is run, the status shows successful but when I telnet to the
> > unix server, the file is not there. When I do ftp manually and locally in
> > the I64 server, it has no problem.
> >
> > Thank you for your asssistance.
> >
> > Martin|||Hi Martin
You may want to try http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?302 and see if it is
more reliable. I don't know if the wininet libraries are compatible with this
for I64.
John
"Martin" wrote:
> John,
> Thank you. The new 64bits machine did have some 'strange behavior'. I will
> try using the echo as recommended and see if it makes the difference. I've
> spent last two days trying to resolve this issue and after I sent the
> question out, just by a random chance, I've found out that the 64bits Job
> schedule won't take the url or mapped network drive. After I moved the file
> to the local drive on the 64bits machine instead of using network drive other
> than the local in the ftp scheduled job task statement, I got the file in
> unix box after running the job.
> Hope this information could save others time.
> Sincerely,
> Martin
> "John Bell" wrote:
> > Hi Martin
> >
> > If you change the FTP command for (say) an echo statement do you get output?
> > If so you may want to add the -d parameter to show the commands and capture
> > the output into a file to see what has happened. Also agent service account
> > has access to the source file, you may want to try using a cd command before
> > starting ftp to remove the need for the lcd subcommand.
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Martin" wrote:
> >
> > > I am in the process of moving our old SQLServer to a new I64 server.
> > > Everything has been tested and working fine except there is a scheduled FTP
> > > job task that didn't go through. I am hoping if I need to make changes to
> > > accomodate the new I64 platform.
> > >
> > > In the new SQL Server, the job task is the following:
> > >
> > > ftp -s:"\\fileserverA\data\FTPScript.txt" 10.10.1.99
> > >
> > > The content FTPScript.txt is as follows:
> > > userid
> > > userpassword
> > > cd unixdatafolder
> > > lcd D:\Data
> > > put FileTransfer.txt
> > > bye
> > >
> > > After the job is run, the status shows successful but when I telnet to the
> > > unix server, the file is not there. When I do ftp manually and locally in
> > > the I64 server, it has no problem.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your asssistance.
> > >
> > > Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment