Thursday, March 29, 2012

ftp task to network drive?

Hi I have a simple ftp task that downloads some files from an ftp to a local directory. That package run as a sheduled job from the sql 2005 server without a problem so far.

Now I whant to have the same task but to download the files to different mapped network drives , so I mapped the drives then I changed the paths to the config file but since then the job fails...

is it possible to do that or I did something wrong?

Thanks
g

Drive mappings are local to the user profile, so trying to use them in unattended jobs which run under a service account context does not make too much sense. I would strongly advise you to use a UNC path instead, e.g. \\Server\Share\Folder\File.ext

You will need top ensure that the service account or job proxy account has access to the share, as well as the normal folder permissions required for local as well.

|||Hi Darren,

Thanks a lot for the reply!!

I try the UCN path from the BI studio and it works fine but since I run it as a job faild. It must be something with the access to the share as you already said but since I am a newbie I don't know where exaclly to look for the problem... I am not running the job from a proxy do I have to create one? And if yes could you let me know for the process ?

As about the folder permissions I ve set full permission to "Everyone".

Thanks in advanced
G
|||

There is no need for a proxy account. By default your job will run under the context of the SQL Server Agent service account. Make sure you know what this is, and then check if that account has access to the share.

No comments:

Post a Comment