Thursday, March 29, 2012

FTP Task Failure

We are unable to get a file from a VMS FTP site. The specific error message is:

[ftp task] Error: File represented by "/VEQFFP.TR.MTSS.RATE" does not exist.

normal command line ftp and other ftp tools all succeed. Is anyone else experiencing this difficultly?

Thx in advance.Hello

Had problems with the FTP task opening more than one connection (this was ) to the server. Workaround was to use cmd ftp taking input from file. That was best practice at the time.|||Tongue Tied Have already used cmd files to accomplish this task. Want to use the new SQL FTP 2005 dtsx task. Since the Mainframe Server sets us into the root, I have not way to manuever to the directory to capture the file I need. Thx|||

Hi.

We are having the same problem.

Usually you don't need the "/" however SSIS is forcing you to put a "/" or it won't execute.

Have you found a workaround yet

Thank

|||I have the same problem which prevents pulling files off VMS. Even if I use an account that lands me in the correct directory upon connection, VMS won't accept the leading "/" that the SSIS FTP Task forces you to use. I'm thinking of using a Script Task to create my own FTP task (using the FtpWebRequest class from .NET 2.0), as the standard one simply isn't flexible enough.
|||I got the same error but it turned out that after browsing to the file to be downloaded using remote path, when I ran the task a configuration file was setting the ftp connection to a different server and then I received an error that the file did not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment