Friday, March 9, 2012

Freezing matrix groups

In Excel we can freeze panes and split report data so that when you scroll
over you don't loose focus of the groups on the leftmost pane. Can we do
something like this in Report Manager? I want to be able to freeze my row
groupings so that when the report is exported to Excel, the users won't have
to do it. So basically, my question is how can I "feeze" the row groups of a
matrix in Report Manager so that I don't lose focus of these when I scroll to
the right?On Oct 10, 11:00 am, dataGirl <dataG...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> In Excel we can freeze panes and split report data so that when you scroll
> over you don't loose focus of the groups on the leftmost pane. Can we do
> something like this in Report Manager? I want to be able to freeze my row
> groupings so that when the report is exported to Excel, the users won't have
> to do it. So basically, my question is how can I "feeze" the row groups of a
> matrix in Report Manager so that I don't lose focus of these when I scroll to
> the right?
You will want to right-click the top left-hand corner of the matrix
control and select Properties. Then select the Groups tab and below
'Rows' select the 'Edit...' button and select 'Group header should
remain visible while scrolling.'
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment