Monday, March 12, 2012

Fresh installation and no access

I've just installed MS SQL Server Express Advanced Editon and when loggin in
with my user account(using Widnows Vista) I have no permission at all. I
cant create a new database and I cant change any settings. Then I tried
logging on with the sa account. Then I got this error message:
TITLE: Connect to Server
--
Cannot connect to KULVIS\SQLEXPRESS.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)
For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Prod...52&LinkId=20476
BUTTONS:
OK
--
StigStig
During the instalation process, did you set up SQL Server to Windows only
or Mixed Authentication?
I don't have Windows Vista to test the problem, sorry.
"Stig Kulvedrsten" <stig@.spire.as> wrote in message
news:EE6F52D2-732E-4A27-8285-3B613E1AA262@.microsoft.com...
> I've just installed MS SQL Server Express Advanced Editon and when loggin
> in with my user account(using Widnows Vista) I have no permission at all.
> I cant create a new database and I cant change any settings. Then I tried
> logging on with the sa account. Then I got this error message:
> TITLE: Connect to Server
> --
> Cannot connect to KULVIS\SQLEXPRESS.
> --
> ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
> Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL
> Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)
> For help, click:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Prod...52&LinkId=20476
> --
> BUTTONS:
> OK
> --
> Stig|||I thought I set it to Mixed Authentication but now I'm not sure. Is there
any way to change this setting without reinstalling it?
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:eGrlvS%23MHHA.4928@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Stig
> During the instalation process, did you set up SQL Server to Windows
> only or Mixed Authentication?
> I don't have Windows Vista to test the problem, sorry.
>
>
> "Stig Kulvedrsten" <stig@.spire.as> wrote in message
> news:EE6F52D2-732E-4A27-8285-3B613E1AA262@.microsoft.com...
>|||Sure
SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('IsIntegratedSecurityOnly
') AS
[IsIntegratedSecurityOnly]
"Stig Kulvedrsten" <stig@.spire.as> wrote in message
news:D25D73BE-1B57-4A7D-9509-52E48E9322C7@.microsoft.com...
>I thought I set it to Mixed Authentication but now I'm not sure. Is there
>any way to change this setting without reinstalling it?
> "Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> news:eGrlvS%23MHHA.4928@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>|||ok. i ran the query and got 1 as a result.
but how can I change this setting if I dont have any permission?
Stig
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:uo6brH$MHHA.1240@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Sure
> SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('IsIntegratedSecurityOnly
') AS
> [IsIntegratedSecurityOnly]
>
>
>
>
> "Stig Kulvedrsten" <stig@.spire.as> wrote in message
> news:D25D73BE-1B57-4A7D-9509-52E48E9322C7@.microsoft.com...
>|||If you don't , you cannot, unless changing a value in registry ( I don't
recommend you)
You must create a login (to allow connect to SQL Server) then a user to be
mapped to the login to allow access to specific database
"Stig Kulvedrsten" <stig@.spire.as> wrote in message
news:C945D488-FD52-49EF-9CF0-9D2CC27E64E0@.microsoft.com...
> ok. i ran the query and got 1 as a result.
> but how can I change this setting if I dont have any permission?
> Stig
> "Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> news:uo6brH$MHHA.1240@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>|||You're not getting access because you're not an administrator when you log
in. In previous OS's you had administrator permissions on the database
because you were an administrator in Windows and that made you an
administrator in SQL. In Vista you don't run as an admin by default. You
have to make yourself a Windows admin before you log into SQL so you have
permissions to change the security settings. By the way, this is why they
say you should be running SQL Server SP2 on Vista.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:ODSbuP$MHHA.1240@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> If you don't , you cannot, unless changing a value in registry ( I don't
> recommend you)
> You must create a login (to allow connect to SQL Server) then a user to be
> mapped to the login to allow access to specific database
>
>
> "Stig Kulvedrsten" <stig@.spire.as> wrote in message
> news:C945D488-FD52-49EF-9CF0-9D2CC27E64E0@.microsoft.com...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment