Friday, March 23, 2012

Frustrated with Nested Groups/Lists subtotals

I have a set of three nested lists.

Office_List header sum(fields!Cost.value,"Office_List") sum(fields!Access.value,"Office_List")
Clerk_List header sum(fields!Cost.value,"Clerk_List") sum(fields!Access.value,"Clerk_List")
Order_List header sum(fields!Cost.value,"Order_List") sum(fields!Access.value,"Order_List")
Order_ List detail: Fields!Cost.value Fields!Access.value Fields!Total.value
Order_List Detail: Table_Detail
Order_List footer
Clerk_List Footer
Office_List footer

Order_list groups by order id
Clerk_list groups by clerk id
Office_list groups by office id

Using the sample above for the list header Order_List, I have subtotals for each list grouping. Every single one displays a grandtotal for the whole report, NOT by grouping, even though I've indicated a scope value. Please what am I doing incorrectly here? None of my summaries are recognizing my scopes, spelling is correct. If I have a simple single grouping I do not have any issues, Order_list contains the only detail, one table and three standalone fields.

Again I am indicating scope for each sum but the scope is being ignored. I want a sum of the order cost by clerk and by office, instead I am getting grandtotals.

Thank you for any assistance.


I am just clarifying your question. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think you want to add the distinct row values by group.At the grop footer you want the grand total of the values displayed.

|||

I do want to add the distinct row values by List group, and maybe that is where the problem lies. I am treating the list group in a similar fashion as I would a table group,and possibly it does not evaluate the same way.

My innermost nested list conatins 6 free form fields, and one table with a group, and a subreport linked by parameter to the order id - the list is grouped by Order ID and works perfectly.

The Next list contains the first list, plus in addition 6 free form fields. It is grouped by Clerk ID, and the free form fields are sums of the free form fields in the previous list based on scope. <for instance a field in the innermost list would be Fields!Cost.value), in the Clerk List I am doing Sum(Fields!Cost.value,"Order_List")>

The last list contains the previous two lists, is grouped by Office ID and contains again 6 free form fields that are sums of the original fields based on scope: ie Sum(Fields!Cost.value,"Office_list")

Below the collection of lists I have 6 grand total fields, for example Sum(fields!Cost.value, "Overview") these are the correct grand totals for the whole report.

When I run the report, the very first innermost list displays perfectly as do the final grand totals. But the totals that are displaying are identical to the grand totals instead of being totals based on group.

Ie List A Office1 4
List B ClerkA 4
List A Office2 4
List B ClerkB 4
GrandTotal 4

Instead of :
List A Office1 1
ListB Clerk 1
List A Office 2 3
ListB ClerkB 3

Grand Total 4


No comments:

Post a Comment