Friday, March 23, 2012

Frontpage and upsized db from Access to SQL 2000-difficult?

I currently have a database in Access 2000 that I wish to upsize to Sql 2000
.
I have read about the upsize wizard. This sounds ideal. However, I have a
company intranet application developed based on the Access database. How
would I use the existing application to now connect to SQL. Is this
difficult? The intranet is still in its initial stages...and I have read tha
t
sql would be better. We have Small Business Server 2003 so it comes with the
system. Is there a web site/page that might help me convert this website an
d
how to create a connection. I thought perhaps it would be best to try and
convert this now.. before it goes live.. and I have time, so it can handle
the activity. I am just not sure if it will be too complex to change it at
this stage.> would I use the existing application to now connect to SQL. Is this
> difficult?
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm-- connections
You will have to modify some code like DELETION from Table
In access we write DELETE * FROM Table as opposite in T_SQL DELETE FROM
Table.
"Cheryl" <Cheryl@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:814EAE75-4FDE-4053-9B43-47C908C888F1@.microsoft.com...
> I currently have a database in Access 2000 that I wish to upsize to Sql
2000.
> I have read about the upsize wizard. This sounds ideal. However, I have a
> company intranet application developed based on the Access database. How
> would I use the existing application to now connect to SQL. Is this
> difficult? The intranet is still in its initial stages...and I have read
that
> sql would be better. We have Small Business Server 2003 so it comes with
the
> system. Is there a web site/page that might help me convert this website
and
> how to create a connection. I thought perhaps it would be best to try and
> convert this now.. before it goes live.. and I have time, so it can handle
> the activity. I am just not sure if it will be too complex to change it at
> this stage.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment