Monday, March 19, 2012

from nvarchar to ntext

I would like to change my field type from nvarchar to ntext.
Is it possible? Are there any restriction for ntext?
I have stored procedues and views using the filed.
Are there any impact for this changes?
Any information is great appreciated,Hi
Depending on what you are doing, you may need to change to code to use
WRITETEXT and UPDATETEXT See books online for more information about using
these functions.
You can change the column using the ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN...
statement.
John
"Souris" <Souris@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CFD8641B-7177-4D62-B608-9BA21A75F64F@.microsoft.com...
>I would like to change my field type from nvarchar to ntext.
> Is it possible? Are there any restriction for ntext?
> I have stored procedues and views using the filed.
> Are there any impact for this changes?
> Any information is great appreciated,
>

No comments:

Post a Comment