Friday, March 23, 2012

Frustrated: Error Output in Source and Destination Editor.

Hi

Is there anyway I can multi select rows when I'm changing the value for either Error or Truncation? I'm finding it frustrating having to change 2 values for each row in the output. for example redirect row, when I have 10,20,30 columns.

It would have been nice to have a global drop down at the top of each column so that I could then selectively change rows back.

Any hints and tips on making this easier would be gratefully appreciated.

ThanksThe global drop down that you're looking for is at the bottom of the Configure Error Output page, above the buttons, rather than at the top. You select multiple rows and columns, select the option that you want from the drop down list (eg Redirect row), and click Apply.

(I don't know whether this feature may be a recent addition. If so, you will see it at the latest in the next CTP.)

-Doug|||Hi doug,

I'm using The June CTP downloaded from MSDN and that doesn't have aany buttons. What release are you running?

And thankyou for your reply

Marcus|||This functionality was added after the June CTP, it should be available in a future CTP.

thankssql

No comments:

Post a Comment