Friday, March 23, 2012

Frozen OLAP processing. Any ideas?

All, I am using SQL Server 2005 Developer's Edition on Windows XP Home Edition.

With the microsoft provided sample database AdventureWorksBI.msi comes with an analysis services solution called "Adventure Works DW"

Processing this solution should to produce the "Adventure Works DW" Analysis Services database.

This processing never finishes. It hangs on Processing Cube 'Customer Clusters ~MC. Specifically it hangs on Processing Partition 'Internet ~1 ~MG'. This looks like something having to do with Business Intelligence.

I am wondering if my installation "Operating System" is correct or allowable for "SQL Server 2005 Developer's Editon?

I wonder if I need to set any special security for Data Mining? As anyone had any experience with 'never finishing' Analysis Services processing.

All, opinions are welcome. I would 'like' to hear all 'possible' solutions.

Any ideas or opinions?

Thank you very much.

AIM.

Andre_Mikulec@.Hotmail.com

I was just going through my solution explorer.

I have noticed thate the cube or mining structure 'Customer Clusters' (the one that hangs and does not finish) does IS NOT SEEN IN MY Solution Explorer.

How can this not be?

Does anyone have any idea on how I could fix.

This problem.

I have installed the SQL Server Developer's Edition using my company's MSDN subscription at work.

I installed and deployed the Analysis Services sample solution "Adventure Works DW" just fine without any problems.

This is weird.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this.

I have installed and re-installed the AdventureworksBI.msi on my non-company problem host.

The same problem occurs. My old settings in OLAP seem that they are being kept.

I know that the security in the OLAP directories is strange.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?

Thank you very much.

AIM

Andre_Mikulec@.Hotmail.com

|||

Moving to DM forum.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment