Friday, March 23, 2012

Frontpage & MS SQL Connection Error-Please Help

Hi, I have 2 servers, both with Windows 2003 Standard edition. Servers
are NOT in a domain. The second server has SQL 2000, the first has IIS 6.0
Through OBDC (System DSN) I created a connection to the SQL db. Then on
my laptop I opened up frontpage to create a page to view the db results.
But, I get the this error when I select the "System Data Source on Web
Server":
"Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection"
I have been browsing through the web for some time now and can not seem
to get a direct resolution to this error.
On the SQL Server Management under Logins I have selected "Windows
Authentication", I have added the IIS_WPG, created a new account named
SQLUSER, etc..
Nothing seems to work. Every solution I have found so far on the web has
to do with another application, most often it seems it is a .net issue.
Basically I am trying to create forms via Frontpage to input and view
data entered into a SQL db.
Any help will be very much appriciated> "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
> Server connection"
Should give you a clue. One server does not trust the other BECAUSE THEY ARE
NOT IN A DOMAIN.
There is no way for the SQL server to know anything about the IIS server, it
could be anything trying to hack into the SQL Server.
I don't know how to get IIS to log into SQL using SQL authentication either
but perhaps you could post that question to an IIS newsgroup.
The other option is to add them both to a domain and set up an account on
SQL that refers to the IIS account and this time they will be authenticated
via the Domain Controller.
--
Nik Marshall-Blank MCSD/MCDBA
"Sam White" <noSPAM@.Please.com> wrote in message
news:wuCdnbqhoqA4k6beRVn-3g@.giganews.com...
> Hi, I have 2 servers, both with Windows 2003 Standard edition. Servers are
> NOT in a domain. The second server has SQL 2000, the first has IIS 6.0
> Through OBDC (System DSN) I created a connection to the SQL db. Then on my
> laptop I opened up frontpage to create a page to view the db results. But,
> I get the this error when I select the "System Data Source on Web Server":
> "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
> Server connection"
> I have been browsing through the web for some time now and can not seem to
> get a direct resolution to this error.
> On the SQL Server Management under Logins I have selected "Windows
> Authentication", I have added the IIS_WPG, created a new account named
> SQLUSER, etc..
> Nothing seems to work. Every solution I have found so far on the web has
> to do with another application, most often it seems it is a .net issue.
> Basically I am trying to create forms via Frontpage to input and view data
> entered into a SQL db.
> Any help will be very much appriciated

No comments:

Post a Comment