Wednesday, March 21, 2012

From Visio 2003 to SQL

I am in the process of creating another database for one of our departments, I'm creating a diagram of the structure in visio 2003. I'm done with the diagram but when I try to export to sql it wont let me. Anyone ever had this problem before??
This is the Error message I'm getting

ODBC Error: 01000
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Warning: The table 'Audit_Tbl' has been created but its maximum row size (20070) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.This just means that SQL got grumpy because the datatypes that you have chosen for this one table result in a table bigger than it likes. It gives you the warning about inserts and updates but in my experience inserts and updates still work. I was on a project where I had to break up a bunch large tables that exceeded the maximum field length to fix the design but the application still worked before I got there. One thing I did notice is that DTS may not work sometimes in tables that exceed 8060. Your table should have still been created or altered or whatever. this is just a warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment