Friday, March 9, 2012

French characters on English Platform dropped

Hi all,
I Had installed an english platform with full text indexing enable.
My data are French (with some accents for example).
When I search with a CONTAINS Statement on my Data, SQL Server drops my
accentuates characters.
How can I resolve this problem ?
What must I install on my platform to resolve this problem ?
Thanks for your answers.
Alex.
Exactly what do you mean by this.
Do you mean that a search on cafe will not match with a search on the
accented version of cafe?
This problem is fixed in SQL 2005.
In the meantime you have to expand your search on both the accented and
unaccented version of the search term.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Alexandre BARBIER" <(del_this)abarbier@.sopragroup.com> wrote in message
news:e8S11xylEHA.704@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> I Had installed an english platform with full text indexing enable.
> My data are French (with some accents for example).
> When I search with a CONTAINS Statement on my Data, SQL Server drops my
> accentuates characters.
> How can I resolve this problem ?
> What must I install on my platform to resolve this problem ?
> Thanks for your answers.
> Alex.
>
|||Hi,
No, I mean that my data are in french version and my full text search turn
on an English Platform.
When I search a french word, the fulltext search dropped my accented
characters so my search doesn't work.
Any Ideas ?
Thanks.
"Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23CSrWe0lEHA.3016@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Exactly what do you mean by this.
> Do you mean that a search on cafe will not match with a search on the
> accented version of cafe?
> This problem is fixed in SQL 2005.
> In the meantime you have to expand your search on both the accented and
> unaccented version of the search term.
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
>
> "Alexandre BARBIER" <(del_this)abarbier@.sopragroup.com> wrote in message
> news:e8S11xylEHA.704@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>
|||Alexandre,
This has been a long outstanding bug in SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000,
that is only "fixed" in SQL Server 2005 (Yukon) via the following new T-SQL
syntax:
CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG Employee_FTC WITH ACCENT_SENSITIVITY = ON
CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG Employee_FTC WITH ACCENT_SENSITIVITY=OFF
-- Or by using ALTER FULLTEXT CATALOG:
ALTER FULLTEXT CATALOG Employee_FTC REBUILD WITH ACCENT_SENSITIVITY=ON
The SQL Server 7.0 or SQL Server 2000 solution requires the duplication of
the accented data with the removal of accents via a UDF and insert/update
trigger to maintain the duplicate data. You would create a FT Index on the
non-accented data and return the accented data to your searcher.
Regards,
John
"Alexandre BARBIER" <(del_this)abarbier@.sopragroup.com> wrote in message
news:eE9gBIWmEHA.412@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi,
> No, I mean that my data are in french version and my full text search turn
> on an English Platform.
> When I search a french word, the fulltext search dropped my accented
> characters so my search doesn't work.
> Any Ideas ?
> Thanks.
> "Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23CSrWe0lEHA.3016@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
my
>

No comments:

Post a Comment