Friday, March 9, 2012

Freeze Pane functionality during Export to Excel

Hi All,

I have created a Report using Sql Server 2005 Reporting Services.

When I export the report to excel, I want to freeze the pane of the headers in the exported excel.

Any pointers on how to achieve this will greatly help me.

Thanks,

S Suresh

There is no way to tell the Excel renderer to freeze an arbitrary pane. However, the renderer does set a freeze pane for the page headers (not the table headers), so that might be a possibility for you.|||Will you please tell me how to set a freeze pane fo rthe page headers? We do not want to export the page headers to the excel because it merges servera columns for one actual data column. That makes it impossible to change the sorting columns. Thanks,|||I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but the only thing exported to a freeze pane is the page headers. There is no way to put any other part of the report into a freeze pane.

If you are trying to have the headers not show up in Excel, you can have them export as "simple" headers. This would put them into Excel as actual Excel headers, and not as part of the worksheet. To do this, you need to set the SimplePageHeaders device info setting:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155069.aspx

Hope that helps...|||

Thanks a lot for your reply.

What I want to do is exactly what you said not to put page headers into the excel. My page header has two textboxes, so I do not know if that working. I will try your suggestion tomorrow. Thanks again!

|||

Geoff,

Thank you so much for your link. Looks like it is for sql sever reporting service 2005. We are using 2003 but I tried anyway.

I used the way change the setting through adding render section in xml code but got error. The question I have is where should I put the render section in the xml code? Below is the code, please help me out. Thank you very much for your help!

<Report xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2003/10/reportdefinition" xmlns:rd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SQLServer/reporting/reportdesigner">

<Render>

<Extension Name="EXCEL" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ImageReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering">

<Configuration> <DeviceInfo>

<SimplePageHeaders>True</SimplePageHeaders>

</DeviceInfo> </Configuration> </Extension>

</Render>

<PageHeader>

<ReportItems>

<Textbox Name="textbox7">

Error message:

c:\catsreports\catsreports\Contractor.rdl(4): Deserialization failed: The element 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2003/10/reportdefinition:Report' has invalid child element 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2003/10/reportdefinition:Render'. An error occurred at , (4, 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment